Beginning in the 2013 Metro Skywarn Season we are requesting reports of measured rainfall greater than 1 inch of rain within 60 Minutes.
- Any condition requested by Net Control
- Funnel Clouds
- Persistent rotating wall clouds lasting 1-3 minutes in duration
- Non-rotating wall clouds lasting 5-10 minutes
- Any size hail – report largest AND Average size (use ID Card, Rule, Coin, Ball)
- Significant Flooding causing running water (not ponding) over roads, fields, lots, etc
- Significant wind DAMAGE (“strong” or “high” winds are not reportable)
- Measured rainfall (>1” in less than 60 minutes)
Reminder on Proper Spotter Reports, a June 2013 article, following a series of severe storms that left much damage across the Metro.
RClick for a printable copy.